Search This Blog

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Wal-Mart - 12/10

Chris and I went to Sam's Club and even though I went through the entire store I didn't find much that I was interested in buying there.  I used to buy thing like dish soap, toothpaste, canned foos, and some frozen items, but since I've learned how to get things like that cheap or even free at Kroger and CVS I really didn't want much from there so I went next door to Wal-Mart to see if I could find anything there.  I had a mail in special offer that I had gotten from the All You Freebie of the Day page.  If you buy at least 3 of the items listed between 11/24/10 and 1/31/11 you can receive a $5 Wal-Mart gift card.  So I went in search of the items listed.  There were 12 items and I went to buy 3.  Of course I wanted to get the cheapest ones I could find also.  I ended up getting 3 items from the list and 3 more items that I had coupons for that were about to expire.  Here's what this trip looked like:

ItemRegular PriceCoupon ValuePrice Paid
Viva 1 pack Big Roll1.970.001.97
Q-tips (travel size)0.970.300.67
Q-tips (travel size)0.970.300.67
Fruit of the Loom Ladies Socks 6 pack5.460.005.46
Stetson Aftershave (0.5 oz)3.004.00-1.00
Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Nail Color3.000.003.00
Tax1.08 1.08
Total16.45 11.85


I actually only had one $2 coupon for the Stetson Aftershave, but I was having trouble with the self-checkout lane and the cashier had to come over and help me.  She logged in with her ID and scanned the coupons herself and then I paid.  After I got home I saw two $2 coupons subtracted from my order.  This trip ended up having a 28% savings.  Well short of my goal of having a 50% savings on all my shopping trips when using coupons.  If you include the $5 gift card I will get in the mail then it will be a 58% savings.  That will put me over my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment