Search This Blog

Friday, December 31, 2010

12/24 - Freebie and Rebate check

I haven't posted much the past week because it's been pretty hectic and I haven't done much shopping with coupons.  My dad has been really sick recently (he spent 18 days in the hospital this month) and he is now pretty much confined to home.  He has a walker, a lift chair, and a hospital bed at home now.  A little background here, he has had bladder cancer off and on for the last 8 years.  He has been determined to fight it and has kept a positive attitude, which I think is why he's made it this far.  He's taken chemo and radiation treatments over the last several years also.  This last round of chemo treatments had really taken a toll on him and he isn't able to tolerate them anymore.  The treatments are why he was in the hospital this month.  He had a partial bowel blockage, pneumonia, and his electrolytes were out of range.  He's still doing pretty well despite all that's gone on this past month, but he's starting to show the signs of havoc the cancer and treatments have been taking on his body.  In addition to this, my parents next door neighbor died of cancer and my great-aunt died also, both on Monday afternoon (December 27).  I went to 2 funeral homes today (December 30).

Here's my loot for Christmas Eve

FREEBIE
I got a sample of Purina One SmartBlend Dog Food Lamb and Rice Formula in the mail today.  It included a $2 coupon for a Purina One Pet Food good at Target.


REBATE CHECK

I also received a rebate check for $3.78 from LaChoy Creations.  I mailed the rebate form in before I started this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment