Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

JC Penney 12/6/10

I went in JC Penney this evening because I had a $10 off when you spend $10 or more coupon and my daughter was looking for a small purse to take on a trip to Disney World with a group from school.  She is leaving in about 13 hours.  She gets to have her first experience flying in an airplane.  She also gets to go where it is warm (it's only 18 degrees where I am right now).  Kristen didn't find a purse she liked, so I went over to the housewares section to look around.  My son, Matthew, is planning on moving into a small house that we purchased last year and have been trying to fix up.  He keeps telling me he wants kitchen stuff for Christmas so when he is able to move in he will have what he needs and not have to go buy it all at once.  I found a 14 piece kitchen tool set for $39.99.  It's exactly like the one I got last year for Christmas.  I thought, well, with the coupon it would be $29.99 or 25% off, not too bad, I'll get it.  When I got to the cash register and the cashier scanned it I found out that it was on sale for $24.99.  With my $10 off coupon that made it $14.99 plus 6% tax ($15.89 total).  I ended up saving 62.5% on this purchase.  I was much happier with this than I was with my CVS purchase earlier in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment