Search This Blog

Sunday, December 12, 2010

12/11/10 - Freebie and Random Musings

I didn't go anywhere or do any online shopping today, so there are no savings to report.  I did have a free sample in my mailbox though, it was Eucerin Daily Skin Balance Skin-Fortifying Body Lotion.



I have also decided that the smaller the shopping trip the better.  This way it is easier to keep up with the totals of what I am buying and the coupons that I am using.  I have noticed that this helps tremendously.  I am not going to do anymore $200-$250 (after coupons) shopping trips.  I pass the grocery store every day on my way home from work so I can stop then and get a well planned out list of items and have the coupons that I want to use already out.  I think I will keep my trips to 10-12 items or less and probably use the self-checkout from now on.  I will also keep a record of what I have spent for the month in an attempt to keep my grocery budget lower than what I have been spending each month.



I don't usually do this, but I already have my New Year's Resolution for 2011 - SHOPPING4LESS WITH COUPONS ... I am going to try to stock up on staples (including meat because you can get it marked down if it's close to the expiration date and put it in the freezer as soon as you get home) for as cheaply as possible and only buy things like produce, dairy, and lunch meat on a weekly basis because it will go bad in a short amount of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment