Search This Blog

Thursday, January 13, 2011

1/4/11 - Shopping Trip to Rite-Aid and some bad news

Today is not a very good day at my house.  After I went to CVS I went to my mom and dad's house.  My dad has been receiving Hospice care for about a week because my mom is not able to take care of him.  He was in the hospital for 18 days in December and has been very weak since he got home.  He has been fighting bladder cancer off and on for the past 8 years.  Over the weekend while I was working he got worse.  By the time Kristen and I got to mom and dad's house my mom and sister was waiting on a call from Hospice to see if they would send a nurse out to check him.  When she arrived she suggested that we take him to the Hospice House for observation for a few days.  We had to have him transported by ambulance.  I stayed there most of the day (Tues 1/4) while mom went home to have grab bars installed in the shower.  While she was gone I saw that he was getting worse, not better.  When it was time for school to get out, I went to my daughter's school and spoke to the counselor to let her know that my dad wasn't doing very well and that Kristen had a hard time the night before when we moved him.  On the way from Kristen's school to the Hospice House we stopped at Rite-Aid to pick up a few things.  I wanted to get some more items to go towards the $100 needed for the Resolution Rewards $20 +up rewards. 

I purchased several items and used the following coupons from the Rite-Aid video values website

$1 off when you watch the prescription video
$1 off when you watch the wellness video
$1 off when you watch 15 of the beauty videos
$1 off Chex Mix
$0.50 off Chex Mix
$0.50 off Dentyne Gum
$0.50 off Trident Gum
$0.25 off Skittles
$0.25 off Starburst

I also had a $5 off $25 purchase that was available for print when I logged into my account on the Rite-Aid webiste

and manufacturer's coupons

$0.50 offn any 2 bags of Chex Mix
$0.25 off Charmin

Here are my savings on this trip.

ItemRegular PriceSale Price
Charmin Ultra Soft 4 pack$3.99$3.99
Poland Spring Water 24 pack$4.99$4.99
Chex Mix Cheddar$2.99$2.99
Chex Mix Original$2.99$2.99
Trident Bubble Gum 18 count$1.29$1.29
Dentyne Ice Peppermint 12 count$1.29$1.29
Starburst$1.59$1.59
Skittles Wildberry$0.88$0.50
Got2b Smooth Operator Lotion$6.49$6.49
Got2b Smooth Operator Lotion$6.49$0.00
Manufacturers Coupons -$0.75
Video Values Coupons -$6.50
$5 off $25 Coupon -$5.00
Tax $0.16
Total$32.99$14.53


Savings = 55.96%

I have an additonal $22.12 towards the $100 needed for the Resolution Rewards $20 +up rewards.  My total is now $30.12.  I still need to buy $69.88 in participating items to get the reward.  I don't know if I will get it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment