Search This Blog

Saturday, January 29, 2011

1/22/11 - 2 Freebies, IHOP, Rite Aid (again) and Office Max

Today when I went to the mail box I had 2 more freebies.  One was a coupon for a free 99 cent bag of Ruffles Potato Chips and the other was a $10 Darden Restaurant Gift Card.  I think the Ruffles coupon was from Facebook, but I'm not sure.  I need to start posting the sited that I go to to sign up for my freebies so I can remember.  The Darden Restaruant Gift Card was from the http://www.e-poll.com/ website that I am a member.  It's another site that you can get surveys by e-mail and earn points toward gift cards.  I had enough points to earn a $10 gift card.  There were several different gift cards to choose from.





Well, out to eat again.  This time to IHOP.  We went a couple of weeks ago and I saw a sign advertising a Free Rooty Tooty Nice and Fruity (or something like that) if you signed up for e-mails.  I signed up and got my e-mail for my free meal.  I also had coupons from the local Sunday Newspaper that I could use.  Chris, Kristen, and I met Matthew there and we ate dinner together.  We don't get to do that much any more since Matt lives with my mom now.  I don't remember the exact details, but the total order was $37.83 and I ended up paying $22.86.  Not only did I get my meal free, but the girl at the cash register couldn't figure out how to fix the order so I also ended up getting my coffee free.  The coupon from the newspaper was for 20% off your entire check.  This savings was 39.57%.

OK, Rite Aid time again.  I'm determined to get my $20 +up Reward.  I only had 1 coupon and forgot my $1 +up reward from yesterday, but I'm determined.  I only need $11.21 more to reach $100 and it's the last day.  Well, not so easy.  First of all, it was only 7:15pm when I went in the store but all of the tags on the shelves had already been changed from Resolution Rewards to Winter Rewards.  Fortunately I still had the sales ad for the week so I knew what I was going to get.  Here's my transaction, and what my receipt says this time.

ItemRegular PriceSale Price
Poland Spring Water 24 pack4.993.99
Starburst Candy1.591.59
Starburst Candy1.591.59
Windex Glass Cleaner3.793.00
Windex Glass Cleaner3.793.00
Manufacturer Coupon ($1 off 2)-1.00
Tax0.56
Total15.7512.73
Savings =19.17%
Manufacturer Coupon1.00
Sale Savings2.02
Total Coupon and Sale Savings3.02


The subtotal was $12.17 so it should have been enough to get my $20 +up Reward, but NO, the receipt says $95.96 for the Resolution Rewards and $7.17 for the Winter Reward.  HUH?????  The Resolution Rwards end today (1/22) and the Winter Rewards don't start until tomorrow (1/23).  I'm still determined though.  I search the sales ad and decide to buy the IceCube Chewing Gum 40 count pack 2/$5.  This will definitely put me over $100, I only need $4.04.  Nope, wrong again.  I did save a little because they were on sale, but still no $20 +up Reward on my receipt.  In fact, my totals went down!!!! This time my receipt says $93.79 for my Resolution Rewards and $5 for my Winter Reward.  I give up for now, I'll have to call customer service and see what's going on.  I'm pretty ticked off right about now.

On to Office Max now.  I'm looking for a new box for my coupons.  My old box is breaking.  I have a max Perks certificate for $38.35 that I can use, a $10 gift card that I got the last time I purchased printer ink cartridges, and a coupon for $10 off $30 or more.  The coupon expires today.  I find a new box, it's actually a photo organizer box with 6 smaller boxes inside.  I've seen something like this on another webiste that I've visited before and think that this will work out pretty good.  I also find a 3 hole notebook punch on sale for $0.70, and a pink Snuggie for $14.99.  Yes, I bought a Snuggie.  My mother-in-law got me a blue one for Christmas.  Chris decided that he liked it so he said he was going to take it and get me a pink one.  This purchase turned out to be absolutely FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I still have $16.43 on my Max Rewards Certificate and I still have the $10 Gift Card.

ItemRegular PriceSale Price
3 Hole Notebook Punch2.990.70
Photo Organizer14.9914.99
Pink Snuggie14.9914.99
Office Max Coupon-10.00
Max Rewards Certificate-21.92
Tax1.24
Total32.970.00
Savings =100.00%
Office Max Coupon10.00
Max Rewards Certificate21.92
Sale Savings2.29
Total Coupon and Sale Savings32.97

No comments:

Post a Comment