Search This Blog

Thursday, January 13, 2011

1/12/11 - 2 Freebies in the mail and 2 bargains at the mall

I got 2 Freebies in the mail today.  A coupon from Bath & Body Works for a FREE Pocketbac Hand sanitizer and a coupon for 20% off your entire purchase, and also a sample pack of feminine products with 4 coupons on these products from Proctor & Gamble.



We went to the mall this evening.  I wasn't looking for anything in particular, but if I run into a good deal I will take advantage of it.  While in JC Penney I found 3 - 3 pack reuseable gift bags on the Christmas clearance table.  Everything was 80% off.  The original price was $4.99 and they were marked down to $0.97.  Being the bargain hunter that I am I couldn't pass this up.


ItemRegular PriceSale Price
Reusable Gift Bags 3 pack$4.99$0.97
Reusable Gift Bags 3 pack$4.99$0.97
Reusable Gift Bags 3 pack$4.99$0.97
Tax$0.17
Total$14.97$3.08

Savings = 79.43%


I also went in Borders to look around because I had $15 in Borders Bucks in my Borders Rewards account that had to be used by the end of the month.  The Borders Bucks were a reward from a survey website that I am a member.  It is at http://www.erewards.com/ and if you sign up you will have the opportunity to take surveys.  Once you take the survey a cash reward will be placed in your account.  Once you reach $10 or more in rewards you can cash out by selecting the item that you would like.  I chose the $15 Borders Bucks rewards.  There were many books on the Bargain Table.  I found 4 that I thought would be interesting to read.  I love looking at the bargain tables because sometimes I find authors that I have never heard of before and take advantage of the sales to see if I like their writings or style.  3 of the books were originally $15 and the fourth was originally $16.  All 4 of the books were on sale for $3.99 each.

ItemRegular PriceSale Price
The Perfect Happiness$15.00$3.99
The Art of Devotion$15.00$3.99
Last Light over Carolina$15.00$3.99
The Book of Love$16.00$3.99
Borders Bucks-$15.00
Tax$0.06
Total$61.00$1.02

Savings = 98.33%  Now that's a bargain!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment