Search This Blog

Thursday, January 13, 2011

1/3/11 - Shopping - Speedway and CVS

I needed gas for my SUV, so I stopped at Speedway and filled up.  I used the gift card that I got for Christmas at the pump, so I got the gas for FREE.  I say this because I didn't have to pay for it with my own money, it was paid for by a gift that I received.

I also went to CVS to shop.  We were almost out of toilet paper (I think we only had 1/4 of a roll between both bathrooms - a BIG NO NO at my house) and I only had 1 roll of paper towels left.  CVS had a sale this week for $10 ECB when you buy $25 in participating merchandise.  I bought 2 - 24 packs of Angel Soft, 1 - 8 pack Sparkle Paper Towels, and a package of Chips Ahoy cookies (I had to have something to actually have $25 in merchandise and this was the cheapest participating item).  I used the $5.50 ECB that I earned from my fall spending, the $2 ECB from a previous purchase (the vitamin water post), and 2 $1 coupons for Angel Soft.  Here is my savings for this trip.

ItemRegular PriceSale Price
Chips Ahoy Cookies$3.79$2.50
Sparkle Paper Towels$8.39$5.00
Angel Soft$12.99$9.99
Angel Soft$12.99$9.99
Manufacturers Coupons -$2.00
ECB -$7.50
Tax $1.20
Total$38.16$19.18


Savings = 49.74% plus I have $10 Extra Care Bucks for my next shopping trip!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment