Search This Blog

Thursday, March 10, 2011

3/2/11 - Rite Aid, CVS, Kroger, and Speedway

Uh Oh, I had a day off and had to go out shopping.  Well, even if I don't have a day off I go shopping too so I guess it doesn't matter.  We had to get gas this afternoon.  I sure do wish there were coupons for gasoline purchases.  I sure could use some!!!  I can get a 6 cent per gallon discount at Speedway or a 10 cent per gallon at Kroger, but that's all I can come up with.  We ate dinner at a local Chinese Restaurant that doesn't have coupons either.  Bummer.  Well, here's what I was able to save money on with my coupons.

We went in Rite Aid because Chris wanted to go to GNC to get some supplements.  I told him that the Rite Aid beside his dentist office had a really good supplement section, much better than the Rite Aid he's gone to with me in the past.  I don't think he believed me, but he was pleasantly surprised and he did find what he wanted for a much better price.  I did do 2 transactions, I got Pepsi for the refrigerator at work which earned me a $3 +up Reward, plus I get the cost of the Pepsi back.  I used the $3 +up Reward on the following transaction



ItemRegular PriceSale Price
Bumble Bee Chunk Light Tuna in Water1.491.49
Bumble Bee Chunk Light Tuna in Water1.491.49
Bumble Bee Chunk Light Tuna in Water1.491.49
Bumble Bee Chunk Light Tuna in Water1.491.49
Rite Aid Zinc3.993.59
Horny Goat Weed14.9914.99
Nature's Bounty L-Arginine7.497.49
Video Values Coupon ($1 off Nature's Bounty)-1.00
+up Rewards-17.00
$3 off $15 Survey Coupon-3.00
Video Values Coupon (2 $1 off for Wellness+ and RxServices Videos)-2.00
Tax1.33
Total32.4310.36
Savings =68.05%
Video Values Coupon6.00
+up Rewards17.00
Sale Savings-0.93
Total Coupon and Sale Savings22.07


I also got 4 $1 +up Rewards that printed out for buying the Bumble Bee Tuna.

After we left Rite Aid we went to CVS because I told Chris that this CVS was better than the other CVS so he wanted to go in and look around there too.  I only purchased 2 items there and only had 1 coupon and I didn't get any ECB back either.  This wasn't such a good stop but I still saved 28% off retail.  My coupon was for $1 off Dawn and the cashier only allowed $0.94 which is the actual price charged.  The CVS that I usually go to does not change the amount of the coupon, it would have been $1 off there.



ItemRegular PriceSale Price
Folgers Coffee 11.3 oz4.492.50
Dawn Hand Care 9.5 oz1.690.94
Manufacturer Coupon0.94
Tax0.06
Total6.184.44
Savings =28.16%
Manufacturer Coupon-0.94
Sale Savings2.68
Total Coupon and Sale Savings1.74


Next Stop, Kroger.  Chris wanted some Juice.  He picked out Ocean Spray Cranberry and Blueberry Juice.  Neither was on sale and I couldn't find a coupon in my box.  I was really surprised when I hit the pay button on the self-check-out that an ecoupon popped up.  I had forgotten about it.  Not a lot of savings, but better than nothing.

ItemRegular PriceSale Price
Ocean Spray Cranberry Juice3.363.36
Ocean Spray Blueberry Juice3.633.36
eCoupon-1.00
Tax0.40
Total6.996.12
Savings =12.45%
e-Coupon1.00


After paying for the juice we stopped at the RedBox kiosk to check out the available movies.  I had a Groupon that I had gotten for RedBox rentals that expires on 3/10/11.  I got it totally free!!!  I got a $5 sign up bonus when I made my account and then I used part of it when I got the $1 on 3 RedBox movie rentals.  How awesome is that?  We rented "Red".  Now, 2 more movies to rent by 3/10/11.

Now Chris wanted to stop at Speedway and get a Freeze to take home to have while we watched our movie.  It just so happens that I had a coupon from the Speedy Rewards loyalty beverage club for a free drink.   Hmmm, it seems like I have a coupon for almost anything except gas (for the car).  After we went in the store we both started looking at the donuts.  Hmmm, Krispie Kreme, yep, we got em.

ItemRegular PriceSale Price
6 Krispie Kreme Donuts5.343.98
44 oz Freeze1.291.29
44 oz Freeze1.291.29
Speedy Rewards Loyalty Beverage Club Coupon-1.29
Tax0.08
Total7.925.35
Savings =32.45%
e-Coupon1.29
Sale Savings1.28
Total Coupon and Sale Savings2.57


Yep, bargains can even be found at the gas station, especially if it isn't for gas.

No comments:

Post a Comment